The Android CraftAR Pro SDK combines all native mobile CraftAR SDKs for Android in one convenient SDK to give you greater flexibility when developing apps with Image Recognition and Augmented Reality capabilities.
It takes advantage of the Cloud Image Recognition SDK for very large collections, the On-Device Image Recognition SDK for offline scanning, extended search option, and the Augmented Reality SDK to seamlessly render 3D models, videos and buttons in your apps.
We want to make development easy for you. To integrate CraftAR into your Android app, we provide a
libs/ folder with all the SDK libraries included.
This page gives you pointers to the Tutorials you should follow to integrate this SDK; the documentation of the Classes; how to run the Examples; the Requirements of your system to use this SDK, and finally, Release Notes of our continuous updates.
Download from CraftAR
How to get started with the Android CraftAR Pro SDK
In order to get started with the SDK, we recommend you to run the examples included in the distribution that you can download upon request (see button above). The examples are located in the Examples directory as an Android Studio Project.
Running the examples
The SDK is already linked in the project, available inside the distribution package. You can open it and just run the project from your device (note that running inside the Simulator is not available with the SDK).
The examples app opens a menu view that allows you to open the different examples. Each example opens the camera and the first step is for you to scan any object. We provide a set of reference images to point at that show different experiences. You can find those images in the folder Examples/Reference images.
We strongly recommend that you print this images out for testing. Pointing at them in your laptop/PC’s screen can heavily alter the experience due to artefacts that are invisible to your naked eye but very disturbing when captured with your smartphone.
Integrate the Android CraftAR Pro SDK into your own project
Follow this tutorial for instructions on how to integrate the Android CraftAR Pro SDK into your Android projects.
To build the project or use the library, you will need Google’s Android Studio 2.2 or newer and a device with Android 3.0 or newer.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the Android CraftAR Pro SDK.
August 17th, 2017
- Fixed: (Common) Changed native builds to fix crashes on devices with Android 6 (6.0 – 6.0.1) installed.
- Fixed: (Common) Fixed problems running on x86 devices.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed error opening the camera on some devices.
- Fixed: (Image Recognition) Fixed potential crashes if callback handlers are set to null.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed touch events on videos with the transparency mask property set.
July 12th, 2017
- New: (Augmented Reality) This version of the SDK includes a new improved version of our tracking technology.
- New: (Augmented Reality) Now you can add items to the tracking before the camera capture is started.
- New: (Augmented Reality) Now you can directly load all AR items from an on-device collection to the Tracking at once.
- Removed: (Common) Use of Apache HTTP libs.
- Changed: (Augmented Reality) Performance improvements in the rendering of camera frames and AR contents.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed errors with autofocus with some devices (e.g. Galaxy S8).
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed camera appearing distorted for some devices.
December 15th, 2016
- Added: (Camera) New methods to change the size of the picture when calling takePicture or singleShotSearch (getSupportedPictureSizes() and setPictureSizes()).
- Fixed: (Camera) Crash when starting the camera in some cases.
- Fixed: (Camera) Single shot search failed in some devices because the picture size was not properly set up.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Bounding boxes were incorrect in responses from the Cloud Recognition.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Fix problem requesting custom data embedded.
- Fixed: (On-device Collections) Prevent crash and notify when the a null token is passed to the CollectionManager.
- Fixed: (On-device IR) Unloading a collection and loading it again now is loading the images correctly.
- Fixed:(AR) Maintain the last rotation and translation when the tracking is lost.
October 25, 2016
The first version of the Android CraftAR Pro SDK combines the functionalities of all CraftAR SDKs for Android in one single SDK. With it, you can create applications that can use:
- Cloud image recognition (IR)
- On-device image recognition
- Extended search (on-device IR for common items + cloud IR for long tail items)
- Augmented reality (from cloud or on-device items)
You can read more about this launch in our Releases Blog: New Pro SDK Combines Benefits of On-Device Image Recognition and Augmented Reality SDKs.