We want to make your life easy. If you want to integrate CraftAR into your Android app, we provide a
libs/ folder with all you need included, you can copy it in your project root directory.
How to get started with the Android CraftAR Pro SDK
In order to get started with the SDK, we recommend you to run the examples included in the distribution that you can download upon request (see button above). The examples are located in the Examples directory as an Android Studio Project.
Running the examples
The SDK is already linked in the project, available inside the distribution package. You can open it and just run the project from your device (note that running inside the Simulator is not available with the SDK).
The examples app opens a menu view that allows you to open the different examples. Each example opens the camera and the first step is for you to scan any object. We provide a set of reference images to point at that show different experiences. You can find those images in the folder Examples/Reference images.
We strongly recommend that you print this images out for testing. Pointing at them in your laptop/PC’s screen can heavily alter the experience due to artefacts that are invisible to your naked eye but very disturbing when captured with your smartphone.
Integrate the Android CraftAR Pro SDK into your own project
Follow this tutorial for instructions on how to integrate the Android CraftAR Pro SDK into your Android projects.
To build the project or use the library, you will need Google’s Android Studio 2.2 or newer and a device with Android 3.0 or newer.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the Android CraftAR Pro SDK.
December 15th, 2016
- Added: (Camera) New methods to change the size of the picture when calling takePicture or singleShotSearch (getSupportedPictureSizes() and setPictureSizes()).
- Fixed: (Camera) Crash when starting the camera in some cases.
- Fixed: (Camera) Single shot search failed in some devices because the picture size was not properly set up.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Bounding boxes were incorrect in responses from the Cloud Recognition.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Fix problem requesting custom data embedded.
- Fixed: (On-device Collections) Prevent crash and notify when the a null token is passed to the CollectionManager.
- Fixed: (On-device IR) Unloading a collection and loading it again now is loading the images correctly.
- Fixed:(AR) Maintain the last rotation and translation when the tracking is lost.
October 25, 2016
The first version of the Android CraftAR Pro SDK combines the functionalities of all CraftAR SDKs for Android in one single SDK. With it, you can create applications that can use:
- Cloud image recognition (IR)
- On-device image recognition
- Extended search (on-device IR for common items + cloud IR for long tail items)
- Augmented reality (from cloud or on-device items)
You can read more about this launch in our Releases Blog: New Pro SDK Combines Benefits of On-Device Image Recognition and Augmented Reality SDKs.