When you contact us via one of the forms, Catchoom collects and processes (1) data regarding your identity, like your first name and your last name, (2) contact data like your email address, and your Country, (3) data regarding your profession, such as the Company, the industrial sector and your work position, (4) data regarding your profile like your password. Catchoom automatically collects data regarding your browsing of the website, such as your IP address, the browser you are using, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the site.
Those data will be used by us for the purpose of developing our professional contact with you and the management of any newsletter, notification emails or commercial communications, comply with the Website Terms and other legal communication, analyse overall trends, and respond to all your messages and requests.
We maintain the security and confidentiality of your data in accordance with applicable law and will not make your personal data public.
By completing and submitting your personal data to Catchoom via any online registration you declare to have read and accepted the terms of this Policy. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you expressly and unequivocally consent to the collection and processing of your personal data (as identified below) by us in accordance with the indicated purposes and this Policy.
You may revoke consent at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you tick the corresponding box, you also consent to receiving commercial communications from us regarding our and other services (see below). If later you do not wish to receive commercial Information about Catchoom and other services (defined below), you can expressly opt out by sending a notification to email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe link in our email communications.
1. Data Controller(s)
The entity responsible for your registration data is Catchoom, located at Via Augusta, 59, Barcelona 08006, Spain. All communications regarding the processing of your personal data shall be directed to our Data Protection Responsible indicated below.
2. Personal information we collect about you and how we use it
2.1 Data collected
We collect and process the following data:
a) Browsing Data
If you are merely browsing the website, due to the communication standard in the internet, we do collect: the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the website, the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer and the type of web browser you are using.
b) Webform and Registration Data
If you submit any webform to us (Contact Us, Contact Sales, Try for Free, Post a public question on the Blog, Registration, Subscribe for free, Request a free case study, Download a whitepaper for free) we will collect the following personal data:
- Identity Data includes first name and last name.
- Professional Data includes the company name, the industry of the organization, and the work position.
- Contact Data includes email address, Country, telephone number/skype and any message you send us.
- Profile Data includes your password.
These data are mandatory and if they are not provided, an account cannot be created, or we cannot contact you or respond correctly to you.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us and you are expected to update any information you provide us with.
2.2 Data use
General. We use your personal data to:
- Develop our professional contact with you.
- Manage any newsletters, provide you with marketing content with an inspirational and educational intention, notification emails or commercial communications in general about our products and services and any new features, offers or promotions offered by us.
- Manage any service you are asking us.
- Respond to your messages and contact you.
- Comply with the Terms and other legal communications.
- Analyse overall trends to help improve the service.
The legal basis of this processing is your consent, as well as our legitimate interest to contact you and respond to your requests.
2.3 Data Disclosure
We treat your personal data with strict confidentiality in accordance with applicable law. Except as otherwise set out herein your personal data will not be provided to any third parties, other than our third party service providers such as online CRM or hosting companies. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
However, we shall disclose any personal or other data you provide us in compliance with a legal obligation or in order to correctly deliver our Services or perform other obligations in accordance to the applicable regulations and rules set forth in the website Terms, or in the event of a corporate operation involving investment, merger or sale.
2.4 Data Retention
We will retain the personal data submitted through registration and collected during the course of the Services for such period as we have a legitimate interest in retaining it. You may explicitly request via our company communication channels to access and/or rectify or delete certain records from our database, as stated below.
We may retain personal data beyond the aforementioned periods for legal or administrative reasons, such as defending our responsibility and complying with mandatory legal obligations, subject to applicable law.
3. Security Measures
We implement security measures and personal data protection schemes as required by law to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your data and protection against unauthorised access, modification or destruction.
4. Your Rights
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party (right to data portability). We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
The aforementioned rights may be effective by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Catchoom Technologies S.L., Via Augusta 59, 08006 Barcelona, Spain.
You also have the right to make any complaint to the competent authority, in this case the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos), C/. Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid, Spain.
5. International Transfers (third party service providers)
We use the following international third party services to provide our Services: we store data with certain third party suppliers such as Amazon Web Services Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc. which may entail a transfer personal information outside the EU. These companies are located in the United States and is part of the EU-US Privacy Shield, and have entered into contracts with us providing appropriate safeguards.
Version 1: 18th May, 2018