We’ve just said goodbye to winter, and it is already time to start preparing for the next season sales. If you are looking for new and better ways to approach your customers and increase sales, you better take trends like personalization and consumer-focused content into consideration.
We’d like to share with you some specific advices on how to implement these approaches and make the most out of your sales campaign!
Mobile is Mandatory
Let’s start with this. When it comes to growth, mobile commerce is beating speed records, with 34% of online retail purchases now happening on mobile devices.1 Therefore, it is very important to keep it in mind for your sales campaign.
For instance, having a successful mobile app can help retailers:
- offer a new sales channel, accessible from anywhere, at any moment
- deliver personalized content for this kind of devices, such as special promotions
- strengthen brand-customer interactions by sending push notifications
Use Location Data
Many retailers are omnichannel (they have both brick-and-mortar and eCommerce shops). Therefore, location data can provide them with insights regarding their customer’s behavior and help them tailor content taking into account the geolocation.
For instance, user location data can be leveraged to:
- send personalized promotions to customers that are close to physical stores or in competitor’s shops
- tailor specific content for different audiences, based on their country, area, or the current weather
- encourage purchases among customers visiting your store. 52% of shoppers are open to receiving pop up offers on their mobiles at the moment they enter a store.2
Enable Visual Search
Visual search is a trend that helps retailers connect physical objects with relevant online content from their websites. This helps increase customer engagement and allows faster and better purchases.
For instance, visual search lets retailers:
- connect products with video content, such as catwalk videos or how-to videos
- show relevant recommendations to boost sales
- send customers to direct purchase links in order to enable faster shopping experiences
- get better consumer insights and data
Find out more about how to use visual search for your eCommerce.
Leverage User and Influencer-Generated Content
Nowadays, an average consumer relies more on fellow shoppers than on brands. In fact, 84% of consumers say they trust peer recommendations above all other sources of advertising. Word-of-mouth marketing keeps generating more than twice the amount of sales of paid advertising.3
For instance, retailers can use influencer and user-generated content to:
- increase sales of a particular item by engaging with influencers
- strengthen their brand trust by showing relevant customer feedback
- improve customer engagement and brand awareness by sharing UGC related to them
Make Sure Your Content Is Dynamic and Personalized
Real-time, tailored content is becoming a key part of retail strategies centered on upselling and cross-selling. And there is a reason, since 88% of U.S. marketers have reported measurable improvements due to personalization.4 However, manual management of personalization can be overwhelming for brands. This is where automation can help.
For instance, AI-based automation solutions can:
- reduce cart abandonment rates by showing visually similar results in real-time
- increase basket sizes by suggesting accessories and other related items
- eliminate the hassle involved in personalization
Discover how to automate personalization and internal fashion retail processes for your eCommerce or marketplace with our Artificial Intelligence solutions.